One of the roles of the College is to ensure that its registrants provide competent, ethical, and professional services to the public. Being registered means that a practitioner has met the requirements to practice and is accountable to their regulatory college.

The College cannot recommend particular practitioners. We don’t have the ability to assess your needs or determine which practitioner might be the best fit for you. The College does not offer a referral service.

How can you find a psychology practitioner or practitioner of applied behaviour analysis?

If you have a trusted primary care provider, they may be a useful resource in understanding your options and referring you to a regulated mental health care provider, such as a Psychologist, Psychological Associate, or Behaviour Analyst.

The Ontario Psychological Association and the Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals are two professional organizations in Ontario that offer a referral service for Psychologists and Psychological Associates. You can visit their websites here:



The Ontario Autism Program (OAP) publishes a list of ABA providers, including Behaviour Analysts, which you can access here:

To verify that someone is registered with the College of Psychologists and Behaviour Analysts of Ontario, you can look them up on the College’s Public Register.  The public register will provide information about a member’s authorized areas of practice and populations (Psychologists and Psychological Associates), as well as information about significant complaints and disciplinary outcomes, if any.